Specifically, I’m a Neon Elephant:
The Neon Elephant is an award from Dr. Will Thalheimer of Work-Learning Research, given for bridging the gap between research and learning practice.
This is really delightful, given the company of previous awardees:
- 2014 – Peter C. Brown, Henry L. Roediger III, and Mark A. McDaniel for their book, Make it Stick: The Science of Successful Learning
- 2013 – Gary Klein
- 2012 – K. Anders Ericsson
- 2011 – Jeroen van Merriënboer
- 2010 – Richard E. Clark
- 2009 – Ruth Clark
- 2008 – Robert Brinkerhoff
- 2007 – Sharon Shrock and Bill Coscarelli
- 2006 – Cal Wick
Lots of smart people on that list. You should check our their stuff. Thanks Will!
(In other news, the second edition of the book is out. I’ll be doing a separate announcement on that shortly).